Move your shipments faster
with our Credit Application
Fill out and submit the online form below, or download the Credit Application form and fax to: 816-380-5994
- All customers will have net 15 payment terms unless otherwise specified. SSI does not bill customers until the carrier bills us, so it works out to about 30 days from the time the shipment is picked up until payment is due. If you require net 30 terms please advise your account representative.
- LTL pick-up dates and transit time are NOT guaranteed for standard shipments.
- For guaranteed shipments, only the transit time is guaranteed, not the date of pick-up.
- Any LTL shipment can be delayed due to natural disaster, inclement weather, etc.
- Customer is responsible for providing accurate information about their shipment(dimensions, weight, product description, etc.). Incorrect information could result in a carrier adjustment of the rate which will be passed through to the customer.
- All truckloads come with standard 2 hours of loading and unloading time. If loading or unloading takes more than 2 hours, detention will begin at a rate of $60/hour and will be billed to the customer.
- All truckloads have a maximum of $100,00 in cargo liability. If your shipment is over $100,000 you must let your sales representative know when requesting the quote.
- If a carrier has to layover at the pick-up or destination, the layover charge is $250 per day and will be billed to the customer.
- Any changes to a truckload once it has been picked up will be a negotiated rate between SSI and the carrier, and billed to the customer. For example, if we are given the wrong address for a pick-up or destination the carrier will be due more money for the mileage and change of address. SSI will negotiate with the carrier on behalf of the customer in these instances.
- Customers should advise any receiver of their shipments to inspect all freight upon arrival and notate on the BOL any damage or shortage. It is also a good idea to take pictures and make the driver aware of the damage or shortage when signing the BOL as well. This will help greatly with the claims process.
- The use of SSI’s Bill of Lading is required. There can be a corrected Bill of Lading fee if not used (each carrier has a pre-determined dollar amount for these occurrences)
- Please remit all payments to:
1150 SE Hamblen Rd
Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
- All invoices are to be paid within 15 days from the date of the invoice.
- Claims arising from the invoices must be made within seven (7) working days.
- By submitting this application you authorize SSI Logistics to make inquiries into the banking and business trade references that you supplied.